Finalist in the Silvertown Flyover competition 2017, supported by the London Festival of Architecture, Greater London Authority & LB Newham.
Exhibited at the Siemens Crystal. Published online in the Architects’ Journal.
Working in collaboration with Meanwhile Space to imaginatively reuse the space under the existing flyover, we proposed a cost effective repeatable flat pack module design with distinctive integrated light scoops or 'lampshades'
CONCEPT 1: enclosure
- Touch the flyover structure lightly
- Form an overall enclosure with single glazing
- Construct flexible single-storey workspaces which arrive as flat packs
CONCEPT 2: maximising space
- Use roofs of workspaces to allow an upper level
- Add light scoops to workspaces to add volume
- Maximise total rentable work space by provision of upper workpods
CONCEPT 3: connection & collaboration
- Use the central networking pathway to provide shared facilities as well as circulation
- Integrate collaboration spaces along the pathway and around the light scoops
- Connect to the public realm at both levels